Live healthy… be happy
Create awareness on the importance of living a healthy life because we care!
Why be healthy?
- To live longer
- To thrive not just survive
- Have more energy
- Avoid disease and illness
- Keep medical costs down
- Look and feel better
- Better mental care
- Better lifestyle
What to do?
One needs to feel good all around.
Health and fitness are two closely linked values.
Maintain good health and well-being.
Good exercise habits:
- Use bicycle
- Walk up steps instead of elevator
- Stretch or do simple flexibility exercises
- Get involved in games, tournaments ect.
How much exercise?
- Ideally 20-30 minutes about 4 to 5 times a week
- Establish a moderate exercise routine
- Make it pleasant not just to lose weight
- Do not overdo it
Food and water are needed to survive, provide energy, growth, repair and good health. Food also provides nutrients such as:
Energy is needed at all times and is provided through the food we eat.
Basal metabolic rate (BMR)
BMR is the amount of energy needed to stay alive, awake and warm. Our working energy is the amount of energy needed to move around, digest food and exercise.
Total energy= BMR + working energy
Color wheel of fruits and vegetables
Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. eating fruits and vegetables of variety of different colors, one can get the best all-around health benefits.
Benefits of red fruits and vegetables
Provide protection from health conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Reduce cancer risks
Benefits of green fruit and vegetables
Includes some of the most nutrient dense and the highest antioxidant content among produce
Benefits of orange and yellow fruit and vegetables
- High in vitamins a content
- Beneficial for eyes, lungs, bones and skin
- Prevent and combat various diseases and conditions
- Right in nutrients
Benefits of blue and purple fruit and vegetables
Include vitamins and nutrients that support:
- Retinal health
- Reduce cholesterol
- Boost immune system
- Support digestion
- Fight inflammation
- Reduce tumor growth
- Limit the activity of cancer cells
- Improve calcium and other mineral absorption
- -Always consult your doctor
- -Do a check up
- -Plan your food
- -Keep it simple
- -Vary your food
- -Start your day with a healthy breakfast
- -Eat small regular healthy snacks
- -Drink plenty of water
- -Eat more healthy carbohydrates
- -Eat protein with every meal
- -Encourage others do the same!
So enjoy being and feeling healthy